Monday, March 31, 2008

Easter









She was actually very excited about easter this year! It was a crazy week. I finally got all her birthday stuff done and realized that easter was three days away!! I didn't have a dress or anything for her! So Saturday before work we were on the hunt for a dress and I could not find one! I finally went to Costco and got one there and made it back just in time to go to work and had to get everything else on my lunch break. But it all turned out good. We went to church and they sang happy birthday to her! I was so proud of her for going up to the front! She is doing so good in primary now! So she got birthday stickers and Sis. Jones did sharing time and did an awesome job! Abby loved it! She even went to the front and helped her teacher (she held a picture i think) My little baby's growin up! :( Then we came home and she wanted to do an easter egg hunt right away! She and grandma and grandpa colored eggs the night before (i of course was at work) So we went outside and hid them and then she came and found them (usually how the whole easter egg hunt thing works) then we came back inside and she wanted to do her carrot. In out family we do things a little different. Growing up my mom hated the fake grass!! And she being as creative as she is came up with an alternative. She made us carrots made out of fabric. They are about the same size as an easter basket meaning you can fit just as much stuff in it as you can an easter basket. Then my parents would hide it in the house and Mike and I would go to our rooms and then they would make a jelly bean trail to our carrot. It was always alot of fun. We have traditions like that for every holiday! I love it, I'm so excited to do them for my family! I love them!! Anyway so we did Abby's carrot then had a nice dinner and just spent the rest of the day together. It was really nice. (I got a new video camera so I do that and my dad does the pics so most of them of me are me holding the video camera)

No comments: