Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Well here I am...

I leave Seattle today...I have quite a few more feelings leaving than I had when I came. It's been a fun trip but it seems like a unrealistic trip without Abby. I went to the singles ward on Sunday. I'm still speechless about that. There was over a hundred single MEN. The ratio for guys to girls was like five guys per girl. There were four Sunday school classes and one RS class. The priesthood filled the chapel! It was really amazing! And yes, I did meet some new guys. They were all really nice and it is nice to have the reassurance that there are guys out there. I also went to a five stake FHE last night. Yep, speechless. It was fun. It really has been a fun experience coming out here. I'm ready to go home though. I miss Abby more than I can say. It was hard not having her here with me because she is who I am. I really have a hard time telling guys about her, and I usually just don't. I really don't want her to get hurt. That is something I really struggle with. But on the other hand she is who I am. It was nice to be able to talk to Mike and Rachel. I really miss not being able to be close to them. This really is hard.
Now, to the juicy stuff! Yes, I did have a date. Or at lease Mike and Rachel said it was a date. It was a lot of fun. His name is Jason. He's 30 and he works for Boeing. He was Mike's old roommate and I actually got to meet him at the wedding and I got to spend more time with him this trip out. Not as much as I wanted, but I did get to spend time with him. He is a very busy person. He works a lot and he has callings that keep him busy and hes just popular around here! Anyhoo, our "date" we went bowling!! I haven't been bowling since I was a teenager! It was actually a lot of fun. Rachel and I really felt we should have the bumper pads for Skyler's sake. ;) But the guys didn't really go for that for too long. Mike, Rachel and Skyler came with us for the first part then they had to get home and get Skyler in bed so Jason and I finished our game and then he had to go into work so he brought me home. It was a lot of fun. I got over a hundred my first game!! The second game Mike and Rachel left in the middle so I bowled for Rachel and Jason bowled for Mike and I scored a 84 and Rachel scored a 84! That was funny (or at least I thought so) Oooohhhh.....I don't even know what to say anymore! I wish I could make my home out here. I really am going to miss Jason and wish I could have spent more time. Life always gets in the way I guess.
I am ready to go home. I miss my own house and my Abby Loo. I want to be a mom again. We start a new chapter of our lives when I get home. She will be starting school and I start in a week. I still can't believe I'm not working! That just feels weird. I've had a job since the separation over two years ago. But I'm excited to be able to be a mom again. I really do miss that.
On a side note for those of you who need a friendly reminder my birthday is in 7 DAYS!! AUGUST 19TH!! Jason remembered when I talked to him lets see if he remembers when the day actually comes!! ;) TUESDAY, AUGUST 19TH, EXACTLY ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!
All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go I'm standin' here outside your door I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin', it's early morn The taxi's waitin', he's blowin' his horn Already I'm so lonesome I could die
So kiss me and smile for me Tell me that you'll wait for me Hold me like you'll never let me go'
Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh, babe, I hate to go
There's so many times I've let you down So many times I've played around I'll tell you now, they don't mean a thing
Every place I go, I think of you Every song I sing, I sing for you
When I come back I'll wear your wedding ring So kiss me and smile for me Tell me that you'll wait for me Hold me like you'll never let me go'
Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane I don't know when I'll be back again Oh, babe, I hate to go
Now the time has come to leave you One more time, oh, let me kiss you And close your eyes and I'll be on my way
Dream about the days to come When I won't have to leave alone About the times that I won't have to say ...
Oh, kiss me and smile for me Tell me that you'll wait for me Hold me like you'll never let me go'
Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane I don't know when I'll be back again Oh, babe, I hate to go And I'm leaving on a jet planeI don't know when I'll be back again Oh, babe, I hate to go

No comments: